Content of the material
- Can you delete a text message sent to the wrong person from your iPhone?
- Customize Focus for Work and Home
- Customize Focus for Driving
- Unpin Messages on Mac
- Method 1
- Method 2
- How to block spam texts on Android
- A Free Way to Backup iPhone Messages
- Method 3. Block Messages on iPhone on Settings
- About this article
- How to unblock a number on your iPhone
- Additional Topics
Can you delete a text message sent to the wrong person from your iPhone?
Many have the misconception that Apple allows the users to remove sent messages from both devices, but the American company is known for privacy. Apple’s selling point is “Privacy” and they have made an advertising campaign for a long time.
- If you have sent an SMS, MMS, or iMessage, then it will be delivered to the recipient.
- iOS official developing team designed the technology keeping “Privacy” in mind. In short, you cannot delete the sent messages from both devices.
- You can remove the sent or received texts from the phone, but it won’t reflect on the recipient device.
In short, there is no way to unsend a delivered message regardless of its format. Apple doesn’t allow the users to play around other privacy and make them fool using this function. WhatsApp & Facebook implemented this function, but it is not available on iMessage or regular SMS because the Cupertino-based is thinking a lot here.
IOS 14 might have the removal function in the official release, but it doesn’t exist in iOS 13 or earlier versions due to privacy issues. Even though many social media applications have already implemented it, and it did receive a lot of support from the users. Apple might implement the delete function in the upcoming mobile operating system update, and they will roll the feature for MacBook & iMac operating system as well.
Customize Focus for Work and Home
Open Focus > Personal to set up allowed notifications for a typical day at home. Tap Next to get started, then add contacts who should be allowed to contact you when Focus is turned on. Tap Allow when finished. You can also add any apps you want to allow, then tap Allow.
At the Personal screen, turn on the Personal switch to manually activate this setting. You can then customize the Focus Status, Home Screen, and Lock Screen options.
If you have specific work hours, open Focus > Work to set up allowed notifications during work hours. You can add specific contacts and apps that are allowed when Focus is turned on. Enable this feature by turning on the Work switch. You can also set up a Focus Status, home screen, and lock screen, or tap Add Schedule or Automation to automatically turn the feature on at certain times or when you travel into your office.
Customize Focus for Driving
Under Focus > Driving, turn on the Driving switch to manually silence phone calls, texts, and other notifications while you’re driving. To allow notifications from specific people, tap the People entry and add the necessary contacts. You can also allow calls from everyone, no one, favorites, or all contacts, and allow repeated calls.
Tap Focus Status and enable Share Focus Status under the Driving screen to allow apps to tell people who contact you that notifications are silenced. Tap Auto Reply to determine who should receive an automated response when notifications are disabled. You can also compose a custom auto-reply message.
Under the Driving menu, tap the While Driving option to select notifications when driving, when connected to your car’s Bluetooth, or manually. You can also activate this mode when your iPhone connects with CarPlay.
Unpin Messages on Mac
You can also unpin messages on your Mac. There are two ways:
- Select the pinned message.
- Right-click (control-click) it.
- Select Unpin.
- Select the message.
- Using your mouse or trackpad, drag the message to the regular messages list.
How to block spam texts on Android
When you see a spam text on your Android device, your immediate response should be to block the spam message. Here’s how to block unwanted texts on your Android phone:
Open your messaging app and find the text you want to block. Then, tap the three-dot icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
Then, tap the Block number option (or select Block contact) and confirm.
Note that call and text blocking may vary depending on your Android device. And if you use a different Android calling or messaging app, the process might be slightly different.
A Free Way to Backup iPhone Messages
From the above, you know how to stop sharing text messages between iPhone and iPad. You do not want iPad to show you messages because you care about your privacy. After all, some messages mean a lot to you. To ensure that you will never lose any important messages, you’d better back them up regularly.
iCloud offers a way to backup messages. However, there’s only 5 GB of free storage space. It will definitely run out sooner or later. Fortunately, there’s one third-party iPhone backup tool that can help you backup messages in an easier way.
AOMEI MBackupper is one iOS data backup & transfer tool specially designed for Windows PC. It will help you backup selected iMessages/SMS/MMS messages from iPhone to computer. Besides, you can restore messages to your iPhone or any other iDevice if you want (No data erasing).
See how to use this tool:
Download and install AOMEI MBackupper. This tool supports most iPhone models from iPhone 4 to the latest iPhone 11/iPhone SE 2020/12 and is fully compatible with the latest iOS 14.
1. Launch AOMEI MBackupper > Connect iPhone to computer via USB cable > Enter passcode on iPhone so the tool can access your device.
2. Click Custom Backup option > Choose Messages to select the messages you want to backup > Click OK to confirm.
3. Choose the backup path > Click Start Backup button to start backing up your messages.
Method 3. Block Messages on iPhone on Settings
If you don’t want be bothered by someone you know or somebody you don’t want be in touch with any more, in iPhone settings you can find how to block text messages from a certain number.
Step 1. Go to iPhone Settings >Messages >Blocked and choose Add New option.
Step 2. Search for and find the certain number from your contacts or type the phone number you’d like to block.
Then none of these people in blocked list can call you or send messages to you unless you unblock it later.
About this article
JL Written by: Jack Lloyd wikiHow Technology Writer This article was written by Jack Lloyd. Jack Lloyd is a Technology Writer and Editor for wikiHow. He has over two years of experience writing and editing technology-related articles. He is technology enthusiast and an English teacher. This article has been viewed 573,493 times. How helpful is this? Co-authors: 18 Updated: December 27, 2020 Views: 573,493
How to unblock a number on your iPhone
1. Note, that you can see and edit your blocked contacts at any time by opening the Settings app from your iPhone’s home screen, then tapping Messages.
2. Next, tap “Blocked Contacts” under the SMS/MMS section.
3. You can remove a contact or number from the blocked list by swiping left, then tapping “Unblock.”
$499.00 from Apple
- Printing Cell Borders in Excel 2010
- How to Remove Leading Spaces in Excel 2013
- Why Can’t I See My Worksheet Tabs in Excel 2013?
- The Top 5 Most Common Types of Phone Viruses and How to Know If You Have One
- How to Enable Intelligent Services in Word 2016