Content of the material
- How to restart your iPhone X, 11, 12, or 13
- How to Turn Off iPhone X or Later without Buttons
- How to Power Off, Power On Hard Reset the iPhone X Later
- How To Turn Off iPhone 12
- How to Turn Off IPhone without Screen and Home Button
- How to Turn Off iPhone X and Later
- Force Restart an iPhone 6, 7, or SE
- Like What You’re Reading?
- Turn Off Older iPhone Models
- To Recap…
- How to Hard Reset an iPhone X and Later
How to restart your iPhone X, 11, 12, or 13
- Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power-off slider appears.
- Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.
- To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button (on the right side of your iPhone) until you see the Apple logo.
How to Turn Off iPhone X or Later without Buttons
The physical buttons are a fast way to shut down the iPhone X or later, but there’s an alternative method if you aren’t able to shut down the phone using the physical buttons. With iOS 11 and later, you can shut down your iPhone from within the Settings app.
- Open the Settings app.
- Select General.
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap Shut Down.
- Slide to power off.
How to Power Off, Power On Hard Reset the iPhone X Later
· Click and release the Volume Up button. Click and release the Volume Down button. Press and continue holding the Side button until the screen shuts off and the Apple logo appears. You do not need to slide Power Off to use this method.
Seen 171 times
How To Turn Off iPhone 12
- Press and Hold The SIDE BUTTON and either the VOLUME UP or VOLUME DOWN button at the same time.
- Wait a second then this should show up: “SLIDE TO POWER OFF”
- Now all you have to do is slide the slider and your iPhone 12 will shut down.
How to Turn Off IPhone without Screen and Home Button
It is very much possible to turn off your iPhone without using the touchscreen or the Home button. First, revisit the regular process to turn off your iPhone. You press the power button long enough for the power off screen to appear. This power off screen gives you an option to slide the power button on the display to turn off the phone.
Seen 152 times
How to Turn Off iPhone X and Later
Turning off the iPhone X is a little trickier. That’s because the Side button (formerly known as the Sleep/Wake button) was re-assigned to activate Siri, Apple Pay, and the Emergency SOS feature. Here are the steps to turn off an iPhone X.How To Turn Off the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max
Press and hold the Side and Volume Down buttons at the same time.
Wait for the power-off slider to appear.
Move the slider from left-to-right to shut down the phone.
Force Restart an iPhone 6, 7, or SEiPhone 7
If you have an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus, hold down both the side button and the volume down button at the same time until you see the Apple logo. For an iPhone 6, 6s or SE, press and hold the home button and power button.iPhone 6s
Like What You’re Reading?
Sign up for Fully Mobilized newsletter to get our top mobile tech stories delivered right to your inbox.
Thanks for signing up! Your subscription has been confirmed. Keep an eye on your inbox! Sign up for other newsletters
Turn Off Older iPhone ModelsiPhone SE (2020) (Photo: Sascha Segan)
If you need to power down an older iPhone model (or an iPhone SE) with a Home button, the easiest option is to hold down the power button for a few seconds until a message appears on the screen. The location of the button you need to press varies depending on your model iPhone. The power button is on the top for the iPhone 5 and older, and is on the side starting with the iPhone 6. Finish the process by sliding the onscreen switch to the off position.
- Powering off iPhone X, iPhone 11, or iPhone 12: Press and hold SIDE BUTTON and VOLUME UP/DOWN Button > Wait for “Slide To Power Off” message to appear on Screen > Slide The Slider to power down iPhone X, iPhone 11, or iPhone 12
- Powering on iPhone X, iPhone 11, or iPhone 12: Press and hold the SIDE BUTTON for a second or two; the iPhone X, iPhone 11, or iPhone 12 will power-up more or less instantly, providing you have battery life, of course!
How to Hard Reset an iPhone X and Later
Without a Home button, the hard-reset process on the iPhone X is different:
Press Volume Up.
Press Volume Down.
Hold the Side button until the screen goes dark, and then let go of the button to reboot the phone.
What about an iPhone that won’t turn off at all? Find out what causes that and how to fix an iPhone that won’t turn off.