Content of the material
- How to Turn Off iPhone with Assistive Touch
- How To Turn off iPhone X, iPhone 11, and iPhone 12 Without Using Any Buttons
- How To Power Down iPhone via Settings App:
- How to turn off phone without screen? I do NOT want to
- How to Force Turn OFF/Restart iPhone 11 – Frozen Screen
- Botton Line
- To Recap…
- How to restart your iPhone SE (2nd or 3rd generation), 8, 7, or 6
- How to Turn Off iPhone Without Screen (without Home Button)
- 3. How to Restart iPhone 8 and iPhone X without Screen
How to Turn Off iPhone with Assistive Touch
If your device’s On/Off button stopped working, but its touch screen and menus are responsive, try this way. You have to enable Assistive Touch.If assistive touch is not enabled, please follow step 1 below, or you can refer to this guide on how to Enable Assistive Touch in iPhone.
Step 1: Go to the Settings > Accessibility > Touch. Tap on AssistiveTouch, and then Turn on AssistiveTouch. Now, a small AssistiveTouch icon will appear on the screen.
Step 2: Tap the AssistiveTouch icon to launch the on-screen controls. Tap Device. Tap and hold Lock Screen until the slide to power off prompt displays. Then drag the slider on your screen.
How To Turn off iPhone X, iPhone 11, and iPhone 12 Without Using Any Buttons
If you don’t want to use the above methods, there is another way to turn off an iPhone 11 without using any buttons.
This method is also fairly simple too, but it is slightly more convoluted than using the Lock/Unlock + Volume rocker technique.
How To Power Down iPhone via Settings App:
- Open Settings > General
- Scroll Down, You Should See Option For SHUT DOWN
- Select SHUT DOWN
- The Slide to Power Off Slider Will Appear
- Slide It To Shut The iPhone 11 Down
This method, while not exactly user intuitive, is handy to have around if you’re experiencing issues with your iPhone 11’s buttons – say, for instance, if one gets jammed or becomes unresponsive.
If you do have a problem that affects your iPhone 11’s physical buttons, it’s handy to be able to switch off the iPhone 11 without having to use any buttons. And with this method, you can do just that!
How to turn off phone without screen? I do NOT want to
For my iphone 6s plus, if I release the power + home button after the apple logo, then it shuts down. Now if you don't have a screen obviously you won't know when to release. For me it was around 15-20 seconds from when I started the long press, you could try and get lucky. 6 days ago. June 19, 2020.
Seen 190 times
How to Force Turn OFF/Restart iPhone 11 – Frozen Screen
· Buy the iPhone 11 – coming soon… This is a video on how to force turn off and restart your iPhone 11. Soft reset to force turn off and reboot your iPhone 11 when it gets stuck or frozen on a screen.
Seen 159 times
Even though you can use the two solutions mentioned above to recover data from an iPhone whose screen is not working, it’s always a good strategy to have a backup file to make the process more convenient. Simply connect the iPhone to a computer and use iTunes to restore all your files. If you regularly back up your files, you won’t have to look for additional solutions to recover the deleted files.
- Powering off iPhone X, iPhone 11, or iPhone 12: Press and hold SIDE BUTTON and VOLUME UP/DOWN Button > Wait for “Slide To Power Off” message to appear on Screen > Slide The Slider to power down iPhone X, iPhone 11, or iPhone 12
- Powering on iPhone X, iPhone 11, or iPhone 12: Press and hold the SIDE BUTTON for a second or two; the iPhone X, iPhone 11, or iPhone 12 will power-up more or less instantly, providing you have battery life, of course!
How to restart your iPhone SE (2nd or 3rd generation), 8, 7, or 6
- Press and hold the side button until the power-off slider appears.
- Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.
- To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.
How to Turn Off iPhone Without Screen (without Home Button)
Now, what if the iPhone you’re currently using doesn’t have the Home button anymore? Don’t worry, there is another way to turn off your iPhone without using the touch screen.
There are various reasons why your screen may stop responding such as faulty updates and crashing apps. Your screen may also just be broken. If you find yourself in this situation, here are the steps to take to turn off your iPhone without using the touch screen:
- Press and release the Volume Up button. Do not long-press or hold the button.
- Do the same to the Volume Down button. Press and immediately release.
- Press and hold the Lock/Unlock button until your iPhone screen turns off, turns on, and shuts off again. Once the Apple logo disappears from the screen for the second time, release the Lock/Unlock button.
3. How to Restart iPhone 8 and iPhone X without Screen
The steps to force reboot iPhone 8 and iPhone X are different from the previous models. This is how to restart iPhone 8/iPhone X without a screen:
- Hit the ‘Volume Up’ key and release quickly.
- Now, repeat the same process with the ‘Volume Down’ key i.e. press it and release quickly.
- After that press and hold the ‘Power’ key unless you view the Apple logo glow on screen. Wait a while to let the iPhone restart.
We believe after force restarting your iPhone most of the touch screen related issues got resolved.