Content of the material
- Clipboard Shortcut Keys
- Snip Sketch Shortcuts
- File Explorer keyboard shortcuts
- Taskbar keyboard shortcuts
- Method #2: Create a new folder by right-clicking
- Duplicate a Folder or any Application in a Computer?
- What are shortcut keys to create new folders in Windows 10?
- How to Create a New Folder with Shortcut on a Mac
- Windows XP Shortcut Keys to Create a New Folder
- Post navigation
Clipboard Shortcut Keys
- Select all items in window or document: CTRL + A
- Copy: CTRL + C or CTRL + INSERT
- Cut: CTRL + X
- Paste: CTRL + V or SHIFT + INSERT
- Take a screenshot: Windows logo key + PrtScn (Print Screen) or Fn + Windows logo key + Space Bar
Snip Sketch Shortcuts
- Create new snip: CTRL + N
- Open a file: CTRL + O
- Move cursor to select rectangular snip area: SHIFT + Arrow keys
- Select Eraser: CTRL + E
- Print annotation: CTRL + P
- Undo annotation: CTRL + Z
File Explorer keyboard shortcuts
Press this key To do this Alt + D Select the address bar. Ctrl + E Select the search box. Ctrl + F Select the search box. Ctrl + N Open a new window. Ctrl + W Close the active window. Ctrl + mouse scroll wheel Change the size and appearance of file and folder icons. Ctrl + Shift + E Display all folders above the selected folder. Ctrl + Shift + N Create a new folder. Num Lock + asterisk (*) Display all subfolders under the selected folder. Num Lock + plus (+) Display the contents of the selected folder. Num Lock + minus (-) Collapse the selected folder. Alt + P Display the preview panel. Alt + Enter Open the Properties dialog box for the selected item. Alt + Right arrow View the next folder. Alt + Up arrow View the folder that the folder was in. Alt + Left arrow View the previous folder. Backspace View the previous folder. Right arrow Display the current selection (if it’s collapsed), or select the first subfolder. Left arrow Collapse the current selection (if it’s expanded), or select the folder that the folder was in. End Display the bottom of the active window. Home Display the top of the active window. F11 Maximize or minimize the active window.
Taskbar keyboard shortcuts
The following table contains keyboard shortcuts for working with items on the desktop taskbar. Press this key To do this Shift + click a taskbar button Open a program or quickly open another instance of a program Ctrl + Shift + click a taskbar button Open a program as an administrator Shift + right-click a taskbar button Show the window menu for the program Shift + right-click a grouped taskbar button Show the window menu for the group Ctrl + click a grouped taskbar button Cycle through the windows of the group
Method #2: Create a new folder by right-clicking
If you don’t remember the keyboard shortcut (or you just prefer using the mouse):
1. Navigate to the location where you want to create the folder.
2. Right-click on a blank space in the folder location. Take care with this: If you right-click on an existing item in the folder, you’ll get the wrong menu.
3. Select New then Folder from the contextual menu. Windows will create the new folder at your current location.
4. Enter your desired folder name to replace “New folder” and hit Enter.
You can create folders on the Desktop using this method too. Right-click on a blank space on the Desktop, then go to New > Folder.
Duplicate a Folder or any Application in a Computer?
- Click and hold down the left mouse button on the folder or any application
- Then drag it to create a duplicate.
What are shortcut keys to create new folders in Windows 10?
Normally, we right-click in order to create a new folder. On Desktop, you can create a new folder by right-clicking on an empty area, choosing New, and choosing Folder. But Windows 10, as well as 8 and 7, lets you create folders with a keyboard shortcut. Simply press Ctrl + Shift + N and you can see the new folder automatically created on your Desktop and ready for file storage or renaming.
This shortcut works on File Explorer just as well. Simply open the File Explorer (or location where you want a new folder created), press Ctrl + Shift + N, and the new folder crops up in no time.
How about if you want to create a folder in the File Explorer and you want to create it on your desktop at the same time? It’s simple: press Windows key + D. You’ll find that all folders or programs will be minimized and Desktop is the only one open. Follow the earlier steps we showed you and that’s it.
While this shortcut works in Windows 8 and 7, it won’t do so on Windows XP. If you’re a Windows XP user and you seek to create a new folder on Desktop via keyboard shortcuts, hold the Alt + F keys, and then release them before quickly pressing the W key, followed by F.
How to Create a New Folder with Shortcut on a Mac
You can press and hold Command + Shift + N new folder shortcut key combination to create a new folder in Finder on Mac.
You can also open Finder on Mac, and go to the location where you want to create the new folder. Click File menu at the top toolbar on your Mac screen, and click New Folder to create a new folder in the current location.
Still, you can also right-click the blank area to create a new folder on Mac, type a name for it and press Return.
Windows XP Shortcut Keys to Create a New Folder
The keyboard shortcut key combination is this: Alt+F, W, F. Translated that means:
- Hold down the Alt key while pressing the letter F.
- Let go of both the Alt key and letter F and then press the letter W followed by the letter F in quick succession.
Post navigation2 Ways to Set and Use Tab Stops in MS Word – 2022
Shortcut key to Refresh a Browser or Page on Windows and Mac