Anyone familiar with the world of business travel knows that the behind-the-scenes planning for corporate trips is as challenging as it gets. A SaaS travel management software helps you manage your business trips from start to finish, enabling organizations to simplify travel and expense management. You can plan your itinerary, book your flights, hotels, or rentals at the best rates, and tweak any reservations if your plans change.
Plus, having everything in order makes it easy to track all expenses before, during, and after a trip, for smoother reimbursement management. A travel management tool puts you in the front seat with complete control of bookings, expense tracking, reimbursements, and travel program compliances.
TripActions is one of these corporate travel platforms, known for its innovative booking and management technology, advanced automation capabilities, and top-rated customer service.
That being said—TripActions is not for everyone, and there are ample alternatives to choose from.
Some organizations might find the TripActions pricing too high and others might consider the setup and onboarding too difficult. Can you get a better deal elsewhere? This short guide will walk you through five TripActions alternatives you can use instead, with a side-by-side comparison.
5 Best alternatives to TripActions
Each corporate management tool excels in a different area and can help with different travel project management. In case TripActions isn’t the best fit for your needs, here are the five best alternatives to TripActions you can consider.
TravelPerk combines flexibility, comfort, and accessible prices into its comprehensive travel management platform.
Featuring the world’s biggest inventory of flights, rentals, hotels and rail tickets, TravelPerk offers the best deals on the market—including budget options. It also enables you to customize your travel policies and create your own compliance policies for an efficient and by-your-book experience.
TravelPerk’s strongest feature as one of the best alternatives to TripActions is its 7-star customer support team. With an average response time of just 15 seconds, TravelPerk’s dedicated and ultra-fast customer support gives it a major edge over competing apps.
TravelPerk’s noteworthy features:
- Ease of setup and use with no fixed fees and zero implementation costs.
- Developer-friendly API available for integration into your business tools.
- Customize and automate travel policies to maximize compliance.
- Automated expense reports created from travel receipts.
- 24/7 customer support available in English, and 9-5 support in German and Spanish.
- FlexiPerk for flexible corporate travel—get at least 80% of your fare back when canceling travel.
- VAT recovery helps you save up to 20% on your annual corporate travel expenditure.
TravelPerk vs TripActions
- TripActions offers a limited inventory. However, TravelPerk’s large inventory includes low-cost carriers, a more extensive rail inventory in Europe, and even Airbnb.
- TripActions’ charges a monthly fee per user, even if they don’t travel. Instead, TravelPerk has no subscription fees and only charges you when you use their services.
Overall, TravelPerk comes out on top on multiple fronts. It finds better rates, solves problems more efficiently, and reduces the total cost of ownership for businesses. Whether you’re a startup, a small business or a team that spans countries—it’s the best all-around alternative to TripActions.
Click below for a more detailed comparison between both platforms:
Egencia is an all-in-one travel booking solution used to plan, reserve, and track trips from a single dashboard. The platform’s powerful booking engine offers a seamless and quick approach to corporate travel booking.
The tool allows you to sync multiple accounts—simplifying the process of booking flights, cars, or hotels for different employees from a single platform. It also offers additional services like visa processing, risk management, flight insurance, and more.
Its team of seasoned travel consultants is also available to assist your travelers with any queries or concerns via chat, mobile app, and knowledge base. Egencia also has a dedicated customer care center called AirHelp to cater to travelers, travel managers, and coordinators.
Egencia noteworthy features
- Easy and efficient booking management on any device—PC or mobile.
- Simple click-to-call AssistMe feature with a dedicated travel consultant to resolve queries with native language support.
- Use Travel Advisor to define your corporate travel policies and ensure budget compliance.
- Sustainable travel choices to minimize carbon footprint.
- Egencia’s Analytics Studio assesses all your travel data to create meaningful insights and help you optimize expenses for your upcoming trips.
Egencia vs TripActions
- TripActions features a host of third-party integrations, such as Okta, BambooHR, Expensify, and Divvy while Egencia doesn’t have this feature.
- TripActions logs all data in real-time within its secure setup, unlike Egencia’s benchmarking dashboard.
- TripActions offers customer service through its help desk, email, live chat, and phone while Egencia brings only in-app service.
- Egencia comes with a detailed approval workflow to restrict any bookings without the managers’ approvals. TripActions doesn’t.
In essence, Egencia is one of the top TripActions competitors that you can consider for managing your business trips. Its customer support team and travel advisory are two of the biggest benefits for travel managers.
3. SAP Concur
SAP Concur is an integrated solution to manage your business travel, expenses, and invoices all at once. Its automated workflows for reporting expenses and approving invoices—alongside the control and visibility it offers for managed travel—wins it a place among the best alternatives to TripActions.
The platform enables you to easily evaluate your travel spending and modify it according to your budget.
SAP’s unique loyalty programs and long-standing partnerships with hotels and airlines allow you to make direct bookings with top travel brands—like Delta, Hyatt, Lufthansa, and more.
Similar to other alternatives, Concur enables you to give your employees the flexibility and freedom to book their travel, share itineraries, and change reservations—all while complying with your travel policies.
SAP Concur noteworthy features
- Consolidated dashboard to oversee all employee travel and ensure effortless compliance.
- Global network of suppliers offering direct reservations at negotiated rates.
- Concur TripLink for more visibility into employee travel and optimal spend-management.
- Seamless request and approval process before purchasing with Concur Request.
SAP Concur vs TripActions
- TripActions brings a more effective solution for booking and compliance management.
- TripActions offers a full-fledged system for employee self-service and itinerary management whereas Concur has a request and approval process.
- TripActions outperforms Concur in its ease of setup and intuitive interface.
- SAP Concur is a complete suite of products for expense management, reservations, and more, unlike TripActions.
Concur is one of the most feature-packed TripActions alternatives that you can consider. Equipped with several products to meet every corporate travel need, Concur outperforms TripActions in the functionality value. SAP Concur is an enterprise solution, so keep that in mind when considering your options.
CWT is among the oldest travel management companies present across over 150 countries. This API-based product for corporate travel & expense management simplifies flight bookings, hotel reservations, and trip planning.
With choices of over 800,000 properties worldwide—courtesy of its hotel booking integration, RoomIt—CWT brings you special prices for budget-friendly trips without compromising on convenience and comfort. You can also get actionable insights for all your trips with its analytics and reporting tool, AnalytIQs.
CWT also features employee care functionality. You can easily locate any employee in an accident and trigger mitigation efforts to safeguard their wellbeing.
CWT noteworthy features
- Dedicated hotel management and booking integration to streamline room reservations.
- Assistance from expert consultants to make the right travel arrangements.
- Powerful reporting and visualization capabilities to track your travel expenses.
- ECO (short for Employee Wellbeing, Climate Impact, and Organizational Performance) framework to align sustainability with your travel needs.
CWT vs TripActions
- TripActions comes with a more holistic software solution integrated with auditing, workflow management, self-service, and other features, unlike CWT.
- CWT’s mobile app is only for booking and managing trips whereas the TripActions app allows a complete set of features.
- CWT’s sustainable travel solution is more concrete and comprehensive than TripActions’ eco-friendly options.
CWT is a leading name in the corporate travel industry with a massive inventory for companies of all sizes. If you’re looking for a corporate travel platform that offers great hotel management and booking integration, CWT would be a good choice for you.
TravelBank is a user-friendly and cost-efficient travel management platform delivering travel solutions to travel managers and employees worldwide.
The tool incentivizes users to maximize savings and keep their travel spending within budget by offering a rewards program that guides employees to stay under budget. You can decide the rewards that your employees receive for the savings they make. For instance, if your budget is $400 and your employee spends $300, then they can receive $50 as an incentive while you save $50.
TravelBank sets itself apart with unique features like group travel and Slack customer support.
In contrast to expense-oriented travel management software, this tool gives you better control over travel and expenses—all at once. You’ll also have access to detailed reports to track every trip and identify possible gaps in your policies.
TravelBank’s noteworthy features
- Reward employees for making more savings in their trips by letting you decide the number of reward points proportionate to the percentage of savings.
- Negotiated prices for a massive inventory of over 500,000 flights and hotels.
- Customized reporting workflow based on your chosen parameters.
- 24/7 support via email, phone, and chat.
TravelBank vs TripActions
- TripActions brings you an advanced and robust search engine.
- TripActions sends real-time alerts and constantly collects data for reporting.
- TravelBank has a more powerful hotel reservation system with more options for extended periods that TripActions lacks.
TravelBank is a great choice if you want a simple tool with all the functionalities of a premium travel management software. That being said, users sometimes report finding cheaper flights through Google. Not ideal from a solution that’s intended to save you money.
1.3 million people travel for work daily within the US alone. That alone should be enough to indicate the constantly increasing scope of business travel.
Planning a trip is a taxing process with so many moving parts to consider, and that’s not even considering the actual taxes! If you’re a part of this struggle, then travel management software is a go-to solution.
If you’re looking for a flexible and easy-to-use solution that uses up-to-date technology and experienced support teams—TravelPerk is the solution for you. Get in touch today to find out how you can simplify business travel, and give traveling employees better booking autonomy while maintaining full control.