Content of the material
- How to hide your Facebook News Feed in Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge
- Part 3: How to Hide Photos on Facebook from Certain Friends
- Hiding Your Likes from Specific Groups
- How to Make Your Page Caterory Likes Private
- How to hide your Facebook News Feed in Safari
- 3 Ways to Hide Reviews on Facebook page
- Hide reviews on Facebook entirely
- Hide Only Negative Facebook Reviews
- Reply to Negative Facebook Reviews
How to hide your Facebook News Feed in Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge
If you’re running Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge, or any other Chromium-based browser such as Opera or Brave, you can install a browser extension to make your Facebook News Feed vanish completely.
The extension in question is called News Feed Eradicator and is available through the Chrome Web Store. Install it in your browser of choice and a basic settings page will load up.
The extension can actually help with more than just Facebook, but to make your News Feed go away simply ensure the toggle next to ‘Facebook’ is enabled. Now, go to Facebook and instead of the cluttered News Feed, you’ll see an inspirational quote and nothing else.
Part 3: How to Hide Photos on Facebook from Certain Friends
If you think there is no need to hide photos on Facebook from everyone, it is okay to hide photos on Facebook from certain friends. You would like to make your photos viewable by most of your friends, but want to block a few certain people from seeing those photos. Therefore you need to set your privacy setting, follow the steps below to know how to hide photos on Facebook from certain friends.
Step 1: Go to your Facebook and click the Privacy Shortcuts option on the top-right.
Step 2: Click the Who can see my stuff? option and focus on Who can see my future posts? option.
Step 3: Click the More Options button and then choose the Custom button to block the photos from certain friends.
Step 4: Enter the object name in the appropriate place before clicking the Save Changes to hide photos.
Your photos are viewable by people you want to share with when all six steps above are done. Specifically, the method mentioned is corresponding to hiding your future posts on Facebook from non-friends. But if you want to hide old posts on Facebook from someone you would better use another way, which is easier. Just click the Audience Selector option and click the Custom on the drop-down menu.
Hiding Your Likes from Specific Groups
Another way to remove your likes from the public is to prevent whole groups of people from seeing what’s on your Facebook timeline. To do this:
- While already logged in to Facebook, click the drop-down arrow in the top-right corner of the page.
- From the menu that pops up, select Settings & Privacy then click on Settings.
- In the left-hand side menu, select Profile and Tagging.
4. From this page, you’ll have three different options that revolve around who can see your timeline, who can tag you, and if you want to review those posts before they are made public.
5. If you back out and instead select Privacy from the left-side menu, you can edit “Your Activity”. This means all past and future posts can be made invisible to the public, all friends or specified ones, or everyone but you.
How to Make Your Page Caterory Likes Private
Here's how to gain a little more privacy when you're liking Page categories on Facebook. These settings are available only on the Facebook desktop site, not in the mobile app.
Navigate to Facebook.com and go to your profile page.
Select More from the menu bar just under your cover photo.
Select More (three dots) in the Likes box.
Select Edit the Privacy of Your Likes.
Select a Page Category.
In the Select Audience box, choose the level of privacy you want for the category's like visibility. Options include Public, Friends, Only me,and Custom. Select Only me for the highest privacy level.
Select Close. You've adjusted your Page like privacy settings.
How to hide your Facebook News Feed in Safari
Safari doesn’t have quite the extension support that Chromium browsers or Firefox enjoy, but it’s still possible to hide your Facebook News Feed if you’re using Apple’s browser too.
The easiest tool is called Quiet Facebook, and is available from the developer’s Github page. It provides a similar experience to the Chrome and Firefox extension, in that it wipes the News Feed from view entirely. You don’t get the fun quote, though.
To install, either clone the repository to your Mac or download the provided .zip file. From there, Quiet Facebook can be enabled through the style sheet in Safari. Full instructions can be found on the same Github page.
3 Ways to Hide Reviews on Facebook page
Hide reviews on Facebook entirely
We hope you will not be in a position that you have to do this. Because due to the methodology, not only negative reviews but positive reviews are also hidden. This will hide the entire reviews section from your Facebook Page. Since having online reviews (good or bad) still increases your chances of landing customers, careful thinking about hiding all reviews is recommended. Nevertheless, if you still decide you want to hide reviews on Facebook altogether, then we will show you the steps to hide the reviews section from your Facebook business Page.
To disable the entire Facebook Review section, follow this guideline:
- Go to your Facebook Page
- Click on “Settings”
- Click “Edit Page” in Facebook settings
- Scroll down to “Reviews” and click “Settings” next to it
- Move the slider to OFF
- Click “Save”
Remember that disabling your reviews does not delete them, once you re-enable them, they will all return.
Hide Only Negative Facebook Reviews
In case you may not want to hide COMPLETELY the review section on your Facebook Page because you still have some great reviews to show your potential clients. You may be wondering how to hide bad reviews on Facebook only. Bad reviews here could be false ones made by people who have never tried your service before or by people with bad intentions. Who knows?
Well, as of right now, unfortunately, that is still not an option on Facebook. You cannot freely and personally choose which reviews to hide and which to keep. On a positive note, these negative reviews can show how honest your business is. In the long run, good reviews will flood the bad ones out. You’ll rise above again if you continue making customers happy. One or two bad reviews won’t kill your street cred.
So if you’ve already confirmed that a review is false, the next step is to report it to Facebook by following this guideline:
- Visit your Facebook review page
- Go to the review you want to report and click the three dots on the top right corner
- Choose the Give Feedback on This Recommendation
- Let Facebook know why you’re reporting the recommendation by following the instructions.
Facebook does not provide an exact time for how long it takes to proceed. However, if all goes according to plan, they’ll confirm that the reviews are false or rules violated, then remove them.
Reply to Negative Facebook Reviews
Since you can’t just take time on deciding false reviews to report and hiding all reviews is not an option for you. The best bet for handling these negative reviews is to learn how to properly manage and reply to them.
It’s still best to respond to the negative reviews rather than let them fester. Responding to negative reviews also gives you the chance to give your side of the story if appropriate. Not to mention, by handling your negative reviews with honesty, you’re showing to your customers that you’re willing to take responsibility and how great your customer service is.
Taking advantage of a few keywords within a negative review is a good start in creating a personalized reply and encouraging a more positive outcome. Some other tips to take away:
- Sincerely apologize for the upset caused.
- Write a short, non-confrontational reply that shows you have read the feedback carefully and truly understood the problems raised.
- Thank the customer for taking the time to provide feedback.
- Reassure them by explaining how the issues have been or will be, resolved for the future.
- Most importantly, try to avoid including your business name and location in the reply, so that the negative review is less likely to be found in search engines.
>> Read more: 5 Simple Tips To Deal With Negative Reviews
Here are the solutions to hide photos on Facebook. You can choose whatever approach to vault the photos within a very short time. Not only hide photos on Facebook from everyone can you enjoy a better experience on Facebook but also prevent any Facebook photo downloader to get photos freely from your Facebook page.Win DownloadMac Download